Signs can be found in every part of our day-to-day lives. For instance, on the road one will pass by various signs that all give different information to help the driver or pedestrian navigate the rules of the road, and ultimately these signs guide them so as to ensure their safety on the road. Since signs are important tools used to safeguard people, then why not use them in the workplace as well?
In the workplace, signs can be used to direct employees or visitors to various departments and they can also be used to label the various departments. For instance, in warehouses, warehouse labelling systems can be put in place for organization purposes so that it is easier to keep records and track the amount of goods in storage.
Floor signs can also be set within workplaces such as factories or warehouses. These signs can be used for different functions including which areas to walk on that will not lead to any obstacles or cause any obstructions in the work place. In addition, safety signs can be placed around the work area to inform employees about when they are entering a zone that needs safety gear, or if they need to pay extra caution when performing certain work tasks. For instance, when entering certain rooms in a factory, an employee may be required to wear certain safety gear such as gloves and hair nets, and these safety signs can notify them ahead of time.
Another important sign in any workplace are the wet floor signs. These signs are put up when there is cleaning going on that causes the floor surface to become wet and slippery. With this sign, employees can be warned in advance that the area they will be walking on is slippery so they should tread carefully in order to avoid sliding and falling.
- Shigeo Shingo and the Importance of Operational Excellence– creativesafetysupply.com
- Construction Safety Signs– blog.creativesafetysupply.com
- The Visual Workplace – 5 Less Obvious Places to Use Signs and Labels– safetyblognews.com
- Safety Signs + Labels for Construction Sites– babelplex.com
- Warehouse Safety Signs– blog.5stoday.com
- The Importance of Labeling– industriallabelprinters.net
- Visual Safety: Creating Signs & Labels– iecieeechallenge.org
- Virtual Signs for Visual Communication– aislemarking.com
- Safety Signs in the Workplace– hiplogic.com