Do you remember the days when paint was used to mark aisles, pathways and safety zones? Well, those days are long gone with the introduction of floor marking tape that adheres to floor marking standards. Every company that has strict and rigorous safety standards is now switching to floor aisle marking tape as it is seen to be the most effective, enduring, and inexpensive method for lining warehouse facilities as well as manufacturing facilities. Plus, purchasing marking floor tape is beneficial as it is designed to do better than paint even in the most severe industrial environments.
After some time, and usually a short period, paint tends to crack, chip, peel or fade away particularly in areas with a lot of traffic. In addition, when applying paint, a whole area has to be closed down in order for the paint to be applied and to dry. This can all be avoided just by simply utilizing floor tape.
There are certain measures that need to be undertaken before applying floor tape and this is to make sure that the tape is set right to last longer. First, one needs to prep the floor, which means that the floor needs to be dirt-free and dry. It is advisable that a light, non-chlorine based cleaner is used to clean the floor. It is important not to apply over existing tape or paint.
The next step is to peel the backing off the floor tape and apply it onto the clean area, and for the best results, compress it into place with at least 250 pounds of weight after application. Generally, for facility aisle marking and floor marking tape lines, two inches width is the minimum requirement, and any width above that is acceptable with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and ANSI.
- Floor Marking for Facility Safety– creativesafetysupply.com
- DIY: How to Install Aisle Marking Tape– aislemarking.com
- OSHA Floor Marking Standards– floor-marking-tape.com
- Aisle Marking Tape Improves Safety– realsafety.org
- Floor Marking Guidelines– safetyblognews.com
- Floor Marking– blog.creativesafetysupply.com
- Recommendations for Floor Tape Use– floortape101.com
- Free Floor Tape from Creative Safety Supply– 5snews.com
- Floor Marking in Warehouses and How to Get the Best Tapes– heavydutyfloortape.com