The reduction of waste through the use of Lean Manufacturing has been seen to be beneficial to various companies in particular those that are in the manufacturing industry. Lean thinking has become almost a religious affair due to the fact that conversations and philosophies surrounding the topic are given great focus, passion and intensity.
As discussed by Gordon Benzie in The Increasing Role of IT in Lean Manufacturing, a hot topic amongst those discussing Lean Manufacturing, is the role Internet Technology (IT) plays. Some advocates of Lean Manufacturing think that IT systems just add more work and intricacy to the Lean process, and for that reason it has no place.
However, the IDC Manufacturing Insights printed a report on Manufacturing Operation Technology that proves otherwise. This report detailed the link between IT and how it is used to encourage Lean practices.
Kaizen Guide: Better your business with continuous improvement
To be successful, you can’t make an improvement once and forget about it. Effective lean businesses use kaizen, which means “continuous improvement”. In kaizen, everyone looks for ways to improve processes on a daily basis. This Kaizen Guide explains the kaizen mindset, basic kaizen concepts including the PDCA cycle, and real-world examples.
For instance, integrating IT in a company can support process automation to prevent manual entries, overlapping requirements, and attain a more paperless setting. Furthermore, centralizing master data management diminishes redundant and conflicting data that normally leads to inaccurate reporting as well as unproductive business processes. IT also enables the enhanced performance of business process re-engineering projects for process analysis plus optimization.
- Six Sigma Certification Belts – Is it Worth It?
- The Principles Of Lean Manufacturing
- Demystifying Lean Manufacturing Myths
- Capitalize On The Benefits Of Lean Manufacturing
- Going Beyond Lean Manufacturing
- Lean Concepts and the 8 Wastes
- Lean Manufacturing– creativesafetysupply.com
- 6 Ways Lean IT Can Help Enterprises– blog.creativesafetysupply.com
- 5 Things You should Know about Six Sigma Belts– 5snews.com
- Taking Advantage of your IT Staff to Implement Lean– blog.5stoday.com
- Safety Lean Manufacturing – 5 Ways to Combine Safety and Lean– iecieeechallenge.org
- The Kaizen Philosophy In The Technology World– kaizen-news.com