Embracing a culture of Lean methods within a company is not always as simple or as quick as some may assume. It does take some time and effort on the part of the top management as well as the employees, and the result is more efficient and productive business processes.
There still are some people that discount the entire lean manufacturing process after having tried it for just a short while because they misunderstood an aspect or two or because they heard it via word-of-mouth and misinterpreted it.
One of the misconceptions about lean manufacturing is that Lean is solely about cost reduction, when this is in fact not the only aspect of Lean. There are various other features such as improving employee drive due to the fact that they are given more ownership of their production area and immediate feedback on their work.
Another Myth About Lean Manufacturing
Kaizen Guide: Better your business with continuous improvement
To be successful, you can’t make an improvement once and forget about it. Effective lean businesses use kaizen, which means “continuous improvement”. In kaizen, everyone looks for ways to improve processes on a daily basis. This Kaizen Guide explains the kaizen mindset, basic kaizen concepts including the PDCA cycle, and real-world examples.
is that it means no inventory. This is false as once implemented, Lean methods will involve each operation producing what is needed by the next operation and if followed correctly, it will eliminate any opportunity to build ahead on inventories, but it does not mean that inventories are not needed at all.
- Keep Improving With Lean Manufacturing
- The Principles Of Lean Manufacturing
- Capitalize On The Benefits Of Lean Manufacturing
- Going Beyond Lean Manufacturing
- When is a Company Lean?
- Enhancing Lean Manufacturing with IT
- Applying The Concept Of Lean Manufacturing
- What is a Kaizen event?
- Social Distancing Tools: Wall And Floor Signs– creativesafetysupply.com
- Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing– creativesafetysupply.com
- Trashing the Top 5 Myths About Lean Manufacturing– blog.creativesafetysupply.com
- Lean Manufacturing + Just-in-Time (JIT) Production– 5snews.com
- The Benefits of Lean Manufacturing– iecieeechallenge.org
- Jim Womack’s Top Misconceptions of the Lean Movement– kaizen-news.com
- Go Lean and Increase Customer Satisfaction– aislemarking.com
- Understanding Lean Principles– blog.5stoday.com
- Safety Myths – It’s Time We Debunk These 5 Safety Myths– safetyblognews.com