Methods of Lean manufacturing have been around for decades, companies such as Toyota have profited from its implementation within their manufacturing business. Although there is no quick recipe when it comes to implementing Lean methods rapidly within a company, there are still common factors which successful companies share when it comes down to the way they have employed Lean methods.
The Top Management Teams Of These Successful
companies are committed to initiating, promoting and practicing Lean within the company. With the dedication top management places on implementing Lean methods, the rest of the company is sure to follow suit, especially if the company comes up with the Vision and Plan on how to get it done.
Before the employees of a company can follow and assist in implementing Lean strategies, it is vital to have them well trained on the Lean concept, its techniques as well as its application within the business.
Kaizen Guide: Better your business with continuous improvement
To be successful, you can’t make an improvement once and forget about it. Effective lean businesses use kaizen, which means “continuous improvement”. In kaizen, everyone looks for ways to improve processes on a daily basis. This Kaizen Guide explains the kaizen mindset, basic kaizen concepts including the PDCA cycle, and real-world examples.
Additionally, the successful companies commit themselves to staying on track and eliminating barriers one at a time when they arise. By keeping a balanced scorecard that is updated regularly, a company can track the development within the business and the improvements that have been made in line with the Vision and Plan.
- Going Beyond Lean Manufacturing
- Capitalize On The Benefits Of Lean Manufacturing
- Lean Manufacturing
- Keep Improving With Lean Manufacturing
- Lean Manufacturing-Common Characteristics Companies Have
- Top 5 Tips for 5S Success
- Applying Lean Concepts to Every Situation
- Lean’s Endless Pursuit of Perfection
- Toyota Production System (TPS & Lean Manufacturing)– creativesafetysupply.com
- Applying Hoshin Kanri– 5snews.com
- Lean Manufacturing in a Nutshell– blog.creativesafetysupply.com
- Lean Manufacturing Implementation – The First 5 Steps– iecieeechallenge.org
- JIT – Just In Time Manufacturing Explained– kaizen-news.com
- Top 5 Reasons Why Lean Transformations Fail– aislemarking.com
- Taking Advantage of your IT Staff to Implement Lean– blog.5stoday.com
- Lean Manufacturing with 5S– hiplogic.com